Saturday, November 15, 2008

KNOW THYSELF


Born bare into a pair of hands,
Crawl around on knees and palm,
Limbs grow strong, and it finally stands,
Looks at the mirror and asks, ‘Is this who I am?’

Up you grow and hit the book,
Chase up numbers by hook or crook,
Your scores judge whether you are bright or a sham,
And you sit and wonder, ‘Is this who I am?’

You work your wits out to clear your files,
Your joy lies in moments when your boss smiles,
Mesmerized by the greenback’s charm,
You say you are fine, ‘But is this who I am?’

Now go back to the same old mirror,
You’ll realize that time has turned dearer,
The wrinkles will tell you what all you miss,
When you believe that money gives all the bliss.

That figure in the mirror stares back at you,
Look into its eyes and you’ll know what to do,
Listen to your heart’s wisdom and you’ll see,
The best things in life are actually free.

Numbers do not make or break you life,
Your joy is what should drive your strife,
The task you do should fill your heart,
With contentment of finishing a work of art.

In the melancholy of the world, don’t lose your spur,
Hold your ground before the battering ram,
And stand with pride before that glossy mirror,
In your final days and say, ‘I found out who I am!’

1 comment:

invictus said...

dis is good!something i am sure most of us wud have felt...keep it up!