Saturday, March 15, 2008

THE WALK ALONE

My journey began with those first steps,
The moment I took them, my fingers were left;
A zeal to prove myself has since then grown,
I have to make my own road, and so I walk alone.

I walked with those who I called my friends,
With time they dispersed to meet their ends;
In the rat race called life, they were all gone,
I chose to step aside, and so I walk alone.

I walked a path that was less taken,
Filled with pain, trials and tribulation;
Along that path I made the best pals I've known,
But with time they left, and so I walk alone.

I walked on the shore, left footprints on the sand,
For someone to follow me till where I stand;
But the waves washed away the path I'd shown,
Was shaken, but not stirred, and so I walk alone.

Every lone step has made me strong,
Driven me to give strength and love to all who long;
And transform every dream into a milestone,
They were with me all the while, and so I never had walked alone.

4 comments:

The Right-err said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Right-err said...

can relate to every word you said...a thought that goes through almost everyone's head..lost in a battle to earn their bread..we live in a world where men are fighting to get ahead..

WINGS OF NAIR said...

hey smruthy.....ur comment actually rhymes!!!

Anonymous said...

not ur best...........u cud do better.....but liked it!